Wednesday 2 June 2010

Half Marathon

Tess and I completed 10 laps around Talkin Tarn today. Each lap is 1.3 miles, making the totally distance of our sponsored walk 13 miles, the equivalent of a half marathon.
The weather was brilliant, making the Tarn really busy. It took us just over 5 hours which we are really pleased about as the heat was insane resulting in serious sunburn!
I raised exactly £148.00 which im very very happy about.

The second photo is of our 'lap check sheet'. As we passed by the cafe each lap we showed our faces and asked one of the girls working behind the counter just to confirm we had done each lap. It was quite funny to see them fight over who wanted to sign the sheet. I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who sponsored me, especially to my mum and dad who were my first sponsor and really dug deep.

- Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment